PSB SubSonic 6i
What's in the Box?
• Driver size 12 inches
• Rated power 225 watts continuous
• Cabinet design ported
• Finish black ash vinyl
• Controls variable 50- to 150-Hz low-pass crossover, crossover bypass, front-panel level, auto-on, phase switch
• Ins & outs line- and speaker-level inputs, line-level output and speaker-level output with 80-Hz high-pass filter
• Warranty 1 year
How Big Is It?
• Dimensions (WxHxD) 15 x 20 1/8 x 21 inches
• Volume 3 5/8 cubic feet
• Footprint 2 1/4 square feet
• Weight 49 pounds
How Low Does It Go?
• Bass limit 20 Hz at 94 dB
How Big the Bang?
• Average SPL from 25 to 62 Hz 108 dB
• Maximum SPL 110 dB at 62 Hz
• Dollars per dB $6.48
What About Setup?
The consistent control action, wide acoustical crossover range, and uniform sound made the PSB sub a joy to set up.
How Does It Sound?
The SubSonic 6i sounded utterly clean. Low bass had excellent depth and envelopment, allowing precise positioning of higher-frequency sounds from the main speakers. I could clearly hear the tomato squish in Chapter 15 of The Matrix Reloaded "test" DVD.
The Bottom Line
The SubSonic 6i delivers powerfully deep bass in an affordable, easy-to-use package.
Copyright © 2013 Bonnier Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.