JBL S120P II
What's in the Box?
• Driver size 12 inches
• Rated power 400 watts
• Cabinet design ported
• Finish black woodgrain
• Controls variable 50- to 150-Hz low-pass crossover, level, auto-on, phase switch
• Ins & outs LFE and line- and speaker-level inputs, speaker-level output with 150-Hz high-pass filter
• Warranty 5 years speaker, 1 year electronics
How Big Is It?
• Dimensions (WxHxD) 16 1/4 x 17 1/4 x 19 1/8 inches
• Volume 3 1/8 cubic feet
• Footprint 2 square feet
• Weight 60 1/2 pounds
How Low Does It Go?
• Bass limit 20 Hz at 76 dB
How Big the Bang?
• Average SPL from 25 to 62 Hz 105 dB
• Maximum SPL 112 dB at 50 Hz
• Dollars per dB $6.66
What About Setup?
I measured the crossover range as only 65 to 80 Hz, so you'll need main speakers with solid bass capability for a smooth blend.
How Does It Sound?
The S120P II delivered strong bass - better than 107 dB at frequencies above 32 Hz - but it couldn't play loud enough at the lowest frequencies to provide a strong sense of envelopment and thunder.
The Bottom Line
A nicely styled, high-performance sub at an even nicer price.
Manufacturer JBL, www.jbl.com, 516-496-3400
Copyright © 2013 Bonnier Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.