What's in the Box?
• Driver size 12 inches
• Rated power not specified
• Cabinet design ported
• Finish black woodgrain
• Controls variable 50- to 110-Hz low-pass crossover, crossover bypass, front-mounted level, auto-on, phase knob
• Ins & outs line- and speaker-level inputs, no outputs
• Warranty 1 year
How Big Is It?
• Dimensions (WxHxD) 16 1/2 x 19 1/2 x 18 1/8 inches
• Volume 3 3/8 cubic feet
• Footprint 2 1/8 square feet
• Weight 44 pounds
How Low Does It Go?
• Bass limit 20 Hz at 87 dB
How Big the Bang?
• Average SPL from 25 to 62 Hz 110 dB
• Maximum SPL 113 dB at 32 Hz
• Dollars per dB $7.27
What About Setup?
The Energy has no speaker- or line-level outputs, which limits - or simplifies - your setup options. Also, the crossover and level controls interacted with each other to make setup tricky.
How Does It Sound?The S12.3 delivered smooth, deep bass and is capable of unusually powerful dynamic punch. For example, the sliding rocks in The Lion King 1 1/2 "test" DVD sounded tremendous, without diluting the dialogue.
The Bottom Line
My patience during setup was rewarded with outrageously good sound.
Manufacturer Energy, www.energyspeakers.ca, 416-321-1800
Copyright © 2013 Bonnier Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.