Canton AS 50 SC
What's in the Box?
• Driver size 12 inches
• Rated power 250 watts
• Cabinet design ported
• Finish black matte with black front or beech with silver front
• Controls variable 60- to 200-Hz low-pass crossover, level, auto-on, phase knob
• Ins & outs line- and speaker-level inputs and outputs
• Warranty 2 years
How Big Is It?
• Dimensions (WxHxD) 14 1/8 x 22 1/8 x 18 1/8 inches
• Volume 3 1/4 cubic feet
• Footprint 1 3/4 square feet
• Weight 57 pounds
How Low Does It Go?
• Bass limit 20 Hz at 67 dB
How Big the Bang?
• Average SPL from 25 to 62 Hz 103 dB
• Maximum SPL 110 dB at 62 Hz
• Dollars per dB $9.70
What About Setup?
The Canton's operating controls should allow you to use it with most systems. The sub's measured frequency response extended above 100 Hz, though not as far as the 200-Hz marking on the dial would indicate. Still, you should be able to get a good blend with satellite speakers rated to play down to 100 Hz or so.
How Does It Sound?
The AS 50 SC delivered clean, even bass without intruding on lower-frequency voices and acoustic instruments. But it couldn't play very low or create a strong sense of envelopment.
The Bottom Line
It couldn't play as loud at 20 Hz as some of the others here, but this attractive, Euro-styled sub provided good, clean sound.
Manufacturer Canton Electronics, www.cantonusa.com, 612-706-9250
Copyright © 2013 Bonnier Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.