B&W ASW 675 ($1,000)
Can B&W coax its legendary refined sound out of this moderate-size but hefty box?
What's in the Box?
• Cabinet design sealed
• Finish black ash or light oak vinyl
• Driver size 10 inches
• Rated Power 500 watts continuous
• Controls variable 40- to 140-Hz low-pass crossover, crossover bypass, selectable 80-Hz high-pass filter, A/B EQ, level, phase switch, auto-on
• Warranty 5 years speaker, 2 years amplifier
How Big Is It?
• Dimensions (WxHxD) 13 3/8 x 13 3/8 x 15 3/4 inches
• Volume 1 3/4 cubic feet
• Footprint 1 1/2 square feet
• Weight 56 pounds
Ins & Outs
• line-level input, two line-level outputs
• no speaker-level input or output
How Low Does It Go?• Bass limit
16 Hz at 73 dB SPL (EQ mode A)
25 Hz at 89 dB SPL (EQ mode B)
The B&W exhibited terrific deep bass in both of its EQ modes.
How Big the Bang?
• Average SPL from 25 to 62 Hz 98.6 dB (EQ mode A); 99.2 dB (EQ mode B)
• Maximum SPL 106 dB at 62 Hz (both EQ modes)
• Dollars per dB $10.14
This sub gave average or above-average performance in every respect and produced a nice even output across its entire frequency range.
The Bottom Line
The ASW 675 delivers excellent deep bass, uniform output across its dynamic range, high-quality styling and finish, and an exceptional warranty, but at a relatively stiff price.
Manufacturer B&W Loudspeakers of America, www.bwspeakers.com, 978-664-2870
|PDF: In the Lab
Copyright © 2013 Bonnier Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.