JBL S120P II ($799)
Its large driver and 400-watt amp suggest that the S120P II can rumble with the best of them.
What's in the Box?
• Cabinet design ported
• Finish black maple
• Driver size 12 inches
• Rated Power 400 watts
• Controls variable 50- to 150-Hz low-pass crossover, level, phase switch, auto-on
• Warranty 5 years
How Big Is It?
• Dimensions (WxHxD) 16 1/4 x 16 x 19 7/8 inches
• Volume 3 1/8 cubic feet
• Footprint 2 1/4 square feet
• Weight 56 pounds
Ins & Outs
• line- and speaker-level inputs
• speaker-level output
• input and output for future bass-equalization feature
How Low Does It Go?
• Bass limit 25 Hz at 86 dB SPL
The JBL produced deep, robust bass without breaking a sweat.
How Big the Bang?
• Average SPL from 25 to 62 Hz 104.4 dB
• Maximum SPL 111 dB at 62 Hz
• Dollars per dB $7.65
The sub's strong output was evenly distributed over its frequency range.
The Bottom Line
Strong output capability (107+ dB SPL) at all frequencies above 25 Hz, tight, powerful, and smooth low bass, a great warranty, and a reasonable price make this moderately large subwoofer a real value. Its high-tech styling is appealing, too.
Manufacturer JBL Consumer Products, www.jbl.com, 516-496-3400
|PDF: In the Lab
Copyright © 2013 Bonnier Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.