Atlantic Technology T70.1 PBM ($425)Atlantic Technology has always been known for high-value products, and this inexpensive sub promises to carry on the tradition.
What's in the Box?
• Cabinet design sealed
• Finish black ash vinyl laminate
• Driver size 10 inches
• Rated Power 125 watts
• Controls variable 40- to 140-Hz low-pass crossover, crossover bypass, level, phase switch, auto-on
• Warranty 90 days with free extension to 1 year with registration
How Big Is It?
• Dimensions (WxHxD) 11 3/8 x 16 x 15 1/2 inches
• Volume 1 3/4 cubic feet
• Footprint 1 1/4 square feet
• Weight 38 pounds
Ins & Outs
• line- and speaker-level inputs and outputs
How Low Does It Go?
• Bass limit 25 Hz at 82 dB SPL
This small sub gives you deep enough bass to keep up with any CD or DVD.
How Big the Bang?
• Average SPL from 25 to 62 Hz 94.7 dB
• Maximum SPL 103.5 dB at 62 Hz
• Dollars per dB $4.48
The sub's peak SPLs were moderate, but well distributed over its frequency range.
The Bottom Line
The ability to reach down deep into the 25-Hz region and still produce solid sound, combined with its low price and full feature set, make the T70.1 PBM a good value. (I'd like a little better warranty, though.)
Manufacturer Atlantic Technology, www.atlantictechnology.com, 781-762-6300
|PDF: In the Lab
Copyright © 2013 Bonnier Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.